Citizens Advice Charnwood is a key member of a local partnership called Charnwood Connect. This was initially funded by Big Lottery's Advice Services Transition Fund for a period of 2 years (October 2013 – September 2015).
There are 10 partners in Charnwood Connect:
- Centre for Information Management, Loughborough University
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Citizens Advice Charnwood
- Human Rights and Equalities Charnwood
- John Storer Charnwood
- Living Without Abuse
- Pro-Active Community Endeavour (PACE)
- Student Advice and Support Service, Loughborough University
- The Bridge
- Youth Shelter
Charnwood Connect has strengthened and improved access to advice and information services by:
- Developing a Knowledge Hub for advice workers and service users.
- Setting up a Charnwood Connect Forum for advice workers.
- Developing a multi-agency volunteering pathway to increase the number of advice workers in response to growing needs.
- Offering preventative advice and specialist support to enable local people to take greater control over their lives.