Citizens Advice in Loughborough started its life in June 1940 in the Library on Granby Street when it was primarily concerned with giving advice to visitors to the town. In 1943 it was reported that 450 queries were dealt with. In addition, 90 Red Cross messages were received and passed for transmission to enemy countries and 81 received. Later the Women's Voluntary Service undertook this work and operated from their ex-army hut near to Victoria Street.
Towards the end of 1958 Citizens Advice was relocated back to the Library and operated from the Bow room of Island House. This building was later demolished and the newer current Library built. The Citizens Advice then moved to John Storer House where it remained for several years until the move in 2011 to its current base in Woodgate Chambers.